Back in college, Roymund and I once made lists of the reasons why we loved the rain. If I remember correctly, people thought we were ridiculous, particularly Roy. hahaha
I thought of yet another reason tonight. It rarely rains in LA these days, but back at Cal with all the crazy downpours and storms, I used to watch the water gush along the side of the roads into the storm drains, carrying with it filth, gunk, and trash. And no matter how gloomy and dark it was that day, the next morning would always be bright, and new, and shining. It'd be a cathartic sweeping away of the gross and ugly with the promise of better things to come.
I wish I could wash away everything that happened tonight down a similar storm drain (without subsequent pollution of the nearby oceans and rivers) and make it be gone forever. And wake up tomorrow morning, *poof* with all the ugliness gone and only excitement and happiness of what the day has in store for me.
I'm so effed for finals. And now I want a gusher.