Sunday, March 21, 2004

"Do you have any questions?"
"Yes, I am a Christian."

We celebrated my ���ҸӴ�'s 84th birthday today. In the midst of the conversation, we were talking about how my uncle has a friend in Ireland who he wanted to visit.

Uncle: "Where's Island?"
Susan: "What?"
Uncle: "Island. My friend wants me to visit him there."
Susan: "What?"
��: "Island. You know, Happy St. Patrick's Day."
Me and Susan: "Ireland?"
Uncle and ��: "Island."
Me: "I-r-e-land."
��: "I-r-e-land. Island. All Koreans call it Island."
Susan: "That's wrong."
�� (laughing hysterically): "Ireland. Island. It doesn't matter. As long as we can understand each other."

Koreans are hilarious. It was fun hearing humiliating stories from our childhoods. Apparently, my sister had difficulty controlling her bladder, and thus no one wanted to be next to her for fear that she'd pee on them. She also had yet to learn to speak properly, so she refused to speak to my ���ҸӴ� during the entire 2 months we were visiting Korea.