Monday, August 09, 2004

The days are just flying by and I'm finding that each day here left in Berkeley needs to be treasured. This past weekend, I was able to re-visit some favorite places, create new memories, and was forced to say some very difficult goodbyes. And keeping my emotions under control is becoming more challenging every day.


Monterey Bay Aquarium, Carmel, Golden Gate Bridge: I've loved the opportunities I've had to spend time with my cousins this summer. But after two days with my baby cousins, I've been having second thoughts about my previous resolution to have my five children in a yearly succession.



Nursery: My initial motivations for serving in nursery were very selfish and prideful ones [I'm getting Andy's "Serving Small" tingles]. I can't explain it well, but reflecting on these past two years, I can see how much I've grown in reliance and faith from the relationships I've developed from the babies and the teachers, even though I thought I was the one offering my help to nursery. Everything always seems to work out that in that twisted and ironic sort of way.



Jane's 22nd Birthday: I've known Jane Kim now for at least half of my life. I consider myself so blessed for such a loving friend who has stuck by me despite all my faults and my shortcomings. Look at how beautiful she is. =]