Saturday, September 18, 2004



Today marks one month since I have been here in Lund, Sweden. It's remarkable how quickly time has just slipped by. I suppose a lot has happened to me within these four weeks (i.e. getting stung by a bee on my lip, having the airline lose my luggage, battling with a bout of the stomach flu) but a lot also hasn't happened. I haven't hooked up with a hot Swedish guy, I haven't gone partying every night, I haven't eaten meatballs everyday, and I haven't done something else unmentionable. Living by myself and particularly this past week cooped up in bed, I've had a lot of time to reflect and think, something that I've come to embrace and welcome, rather than avoid. And what of these introspective thoughts, conclusions, and self-revelations? "Simplicity is the secret to seeing things clearly." No more extraneous expectations, no more waiting for something that may never come. It's time to move on and to stop dwelling in the past. Someone beautiful recently told me something I deeply took to heart: to not brood over things that inevitably pale in comparison to the greater things, gifts, and blessings in my life. Yes, indeed.


It's almost time for the fall season to begin, and I absolutely love that I can literally see the change from summer to fall. It's incredible. Why I was never able to before, I don't know, but I'm thankful for being able to enjoy its beauty now. =]