Friday, May 27, 2005

Berkeley was bittersweet. It held too many forgotten memories that I must have suppressed in my subconcious mind because everything I looked at, everywhere I walked or drove to, and everywhere I ate at, all triggered the sensation of something familiar and a memory of an experience or a person that I didn't even realize I had forgotten. I successfully avoided certain people, and couldn't help but run into others. My memories of Berkeley were different from the reality and I realized all the more how everything does change, whether I want it to or not. I hated how Berkeley no longer was as it once was for me, and yet I've now accepted that Berkeley will always be an unforgettable pit stop along this journey which is life.



The food however, did not disappoint. A chronological order of the delicacies I consumed in Berkeley: Naan N Curry, Alameda Sushi House, Brazil Cafe, Hog Island Oysters, Virginia's Bakery: Pink Champagne Cake, Cha Am, Cheesesteak Shop(twice), Genova Delicatessen, Smart Alec: cornbread, Fat Apple's: Lemon Chiffon Cake, and Foster's Freeze.



Additional memories: Finding the best parking ever at Berkeley Bowl with Hannah. Our failed endeavor to find beef jerky at Harris Ranch. Having the freshly baked bread with our tri-tip sandwiches at Brazil Cafe. The #33 Santa Nella exit with the cheapest gas prices ever at 76 with $2.25 a gallon. Driving over 1000 miles in one weekend. Hiding behind the floral department at Safeway to avoid certain people. Hannah stealing ribbon from Safeway. The ugliest Genova sandwich ever. And I can't remember anymore.




I seriously haven't laughed so hard in such a long time. =]