Wednesday, May 04, 2005

The class of 2005's senior banquet came and went, and looking at everyone's pictures, I can't help but reminisce about senior banquet last year and being flooded with an entourage of various emotions and feelings. My life sucked ass that specific time of the year: my thesis was nearly due and I remember I could care less about particular things, people, and certainly did not feel up to the partying and joyous occasion that was the mood of senior banquet. It's sad how little I remember of banquet and how quickly times pass... I remember stupid things like being seated next to someone who I had avoided all four years of my college experience, I remember not talking to once close friends the entire night, I remember my beautiful small group girls, I remember that I only got to read the personalized postcards once before that and my pictures were all taken away from me. So over time, I've learned not to place such value in sentiment and feelings, because I've had too many experiences where they were too fleeting. Sometimes I think I've gotten over it, but other times I know I haven't.