Saturday, June 07, 2003

I'm in this funk again. I can't explain it really, but I feel every single emotion at the exact same time. Hence it is difficult to categorize how I feel, since every moment the emotion seems to be changing.

Life is so damn hard. The harshness and reality of it sometimes hits me to the point of tears and the sense of utter hopelessness.

I was cleaning/organizing [*gasp*] and found my The Best of 14,000 Things to be Happy About. Page-A-Day Calendar. Granted it is kind of late to start, but here are today's 10 things to be happy about:

1. an older couple holding hands
2. reading by candlelight
3. homemade flour tortillas
4. stars slowly fading
5. a candle flickering in the wind
6. walking in silence through a forest
7. starting a new journal
8. chunks of caramelized pineapple
9. market-fresh ingredients
10. bare feet on a warm floor