Friday, July 16, 2004

Over this past year, I've become very cynical and disillusioned about boy-girl friendships and have generally lost faith in them. But while at Bing Ling's, I came across an article which temporarily fostered a tiny bit of hope. And then that hope dissipated when I realized that things like this can only happen in imaginary little worlds where people think that I can be fun and nice, and simple honesty and love underlie the meaning of our lives.
 
 
"Those moments when you can't bear another instant of whatever it is that makes them... well, them. Worse still are the times when you see they've used up all their patience for you. But as with any friendship, you each put up with the idiosyncrasies and annoyances for as long as the relationship feeds you, for as long as it seems worth it. That's the verdict, really. I'm still friends with her because she's worth it. I continue to listen and give, even when I'm exhausted, because I know she will do the same for me."