Calvin just walked me home right now. Well, after a weak and futile attempt to refuse to let him, he did. That was weird, but nice.
I've been spending my entire week in the computing center. Calvin and I joked about how we come into the center when it's light and leave when it's starting to get light again. What struck me tonight was the fact that I haven't been too lonely spending all this time by myself. My co-workers have been really great, asking me how I've been holding up, checking up on my progress every day, and Monica, my boss-lady, giving me extra munchies for sustenance. I haven't spoken with anyone who I normally speak with in a week and a half or so, but I've gotten to know my co-workers even better. I've had some great talks with them, and I realize just how much I'm going to miss them. For example, Calvin and John: relationships and going on "dates" vs. just hanging out; Kevin: about the difference between Iowa and California and how there is no racism in Iowa because everyone's only one race. I'm on one end of the spectrum in regards to culture schock while he's on the other; Calvin: music, music, music.
I listened to the same 2 songs for about 35 hours until Calvin was generous enough to let me borrow some of his songs. Thanks, Calvin. =]
My days have also become much simpler, spending 4-5 hours sleeping, 1 hour showering and getting ready, 1 hour for eating, and 16-17 hours for the center. I find that I enjoy simple days.
He always, always provides.