Tuesday, May 11, 2004

It's late. My heart is heavy, and my body, exhausted.

I had a good talk with a friend today. It's ironic because this friend is going through some of the very same questions and struggles that I myself went through earlier this semester and throughout the year. I wish we could have experienced some of this together, because I know we could have helped one another to be strong. I was struck again by how my life is riddled with so much irony. But I pray that whatever may happen will not result in the same hurt and distress that I had to endure.


"God grant me the serenity
To accept the things I cannot change;
Courage to change the things I can;
And the wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking as He did this sinful world as it is,
Not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
If I surrender to His will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
And supremely happy with Him Forever in the next."
-Reinhold Neibuhr.