FRIENDS + FAMILY + FOOD = FUN
I had a really great day today. *warning* This is going to be a long entry cuz I want to remember as much detail of it as possible.
I had a late lunch with the fat guys, Karen, Judy, Sewon, and Kristy. We went to Roscoe's Chicken n Waffles on Pico and La Brea. It was Karen, Sewon, and Kristy's first time eating there so we naturally ordered a heap of food to make the most of the momentous occasion. It was very exciting for me cuz we ordered the Jeanne Jones Omelette and even though no one tried it before, I'm glad I persuaded them to try it cuz they all liked it a lot.
Funny moments from lunch:
-Trying to think of names for Kristy's new kitty and explaining to her why one cannot bring a pet kitty to the beach.
-Sewon opening her wetnap and rubbing it on her hands before realizing that the wetnap wasn't wet but in fact, was completely dry.
-Judy ignoring the waitress asking if she wanted more water cuz she was too engrossed in her chicken wing.
-Seeing the man who had bigger boobies than me, and feeling sad.
-Feeling Sewon's dead, coarse, and damaged hair and equating that to the feeling of steel wool. Karen grabbed a chunk and said that she wished she could ddae-mi-luh her skin with it.
-Karen and Sewon identically dressed like each other... down to the shades and the hairstyle. Then hearing them bicker about who was trying to imitate who.
-The complete silence at the table while we were consuming our food: proof that we are true fat guys who enjoy food way more than each other's company.
Something sad happened right as we were waddling out of Roscoe's: I got a parking ticket. The cost of the ticket doesn't really bother me, but the fact that I have now experienced all the common infractions typical drivers undergo is a bit disheartening. But my parents weren't even mad about it, so no worries. I'm planning on contesting it. The idiots should blatantly tell us that we need to pay for meter parking and not put up tricky signs that confuse fat Berkeley students.
I took a big ddong right when I got home and slept on the way back to LA to digest all my food cuz two hours later, I went to eat dinner with my family for my halmoni's birthday. It's her 82nd birthday today. =D We went to Little Tokyo and ate at Curry House. It's yummy there, but what impressed me was their tasty fonzu dressing. Earlier when I went to Fonzu in SF with my small group, the fonzu sauce they served was disgusting. This was much better so I was happy. Curry House also had Calpico Water, a drink that is very similar to what non-carbonated Milkis would taste like. My dad liked Calpico a lot. In fact, he liked it so much he asked the waitress where he could go buy some more. She told us of a market near the restaurant so right after we ate, we eagerly walked to the store. Unfortunately it was already closed, and my dad was really sad until my uncle mentioned that there was another market nearby that was probably still open. We all piled into the minivan and drove for about 10 minutes to this market that was also already closed. To comfort ourselves, we went to Man Na Sa Jae Bakery to buy a fruit cake for my halmoni. It turns out it was the same bakery that my mom got her wedding cake from. Inside the store, she eagerly described her cake to my sister, me, and my aunt, brandishing her arms about to show the length and shape of the cake, and bragging that she had a mini water fountain underneath the arch of the cake. Then she got sad cuz the cake that she wanted to buy was already reserved for someone else. She wanted the square fruit cake with sliced almonds. There were only round fruit cakes with no almonds left. She was really sad. But then she remembered that her wedding cake had lots of yellow flowers on it so she became happy again. My mom's favorite color is yellow. Then we went back to my halmoni's place and ate the round cake and watched old, wrinkled gasoos who were once popular stars sing their once famous songs. I had a really great time with my family tonight. =D
Memorable moments from dinner:
-A car almost hitting us while backing up. My dad desperately trying to honk at the car [he looked like he was convulsing cuz he was hitting the steering wheel so hard] and finally letting out a single pathetic honk at the car which by then, was about 100 feet in front of us.
-My dad getting really happy when I told him that Karen thought he was cute.
-My mom's voice significantly rising to a higher octave when she asked how Roy was doing. Then, later, forbidding me to continue feeding Roy.
-My mom disclosing the fact that an ugly nerd is better than no nerd at all.
-My halmoni's face illuminated by the candles right before she blew them out.
-My uncle's overly excited reaction when I told him my major and my future plans.
-My dad feigning exhaustion whenever he does something wrong and is caught by my mom.
-Noticing that my uncle looks significantly better now that my aunt probably dresses him.
-Finding out that my other uncle is now an associate professor at USC Dental School.
-My halmoni reaching into the toilet with her bare hands and pulling out the tightly wedged toilet paper that my sister clogged her toilet with after taking a ddong.
...
I cannot wait to go horseback riding on the beach. I no longer care about picking apples in Washington. Imagine the wind whipping through my hair,the smell of the clean, fresh air, the sound of the Atlantic Ocean's waves crashing on the sandy shore, the sound of my beautiful brown mare's hooves pounding on the sand, riding along next to a hot and hunky man on a white horse... WOW. I'm so excited. I can't wait.