Wednesday, March 19, 2003

I ate an obscene amount of food today.

I had lunch with Sara Yin at Daruma's. I had a really good time cuz Sara is a friend who I can blatantly do the most repulsive things in front of and won't flinch a bit cuz she's done equally if not worse things herself. I haven't talked to Sara for quite some time now, so I was really really happy that I could spend a couple hours with her today. I openly admire her strength and determination in all aspects of life. We talked about our current situations and our future plans, and then started talking about the past. We've had some good times, Sara and I. I first met the Burbank Boys with her. I had my first breakdown in front of her. I've had many firsts with her, but I don't know if it's appropriate to list them all here. And although it was great reliving old memories, I couldn't help but feel a little sad at the realization of how distant we've grown apart from each other. She says she's interested in coming back out to FICB. I told her that Roy is going to be the new praise leader and she started freaking out. She knows Roy in a completely different context. I realized a lot of things from talking with her today...

Later, my small group went to Ponzu and then Ghiradelli's in SF. Ponzu is this contemporary Asian restaurant that's named after the Japanese sauce ponzu: soy sauce with a splash of citrus fusion. The restaurant's decor was funky, with lots of curves and contorted shapes. It was very exotic, with lots of bold, rich colors complimenting the food very well. However, the food itself was okay. Esther, Amanda, Carolina, and I were at one table and we concluded that the flavors were a bit too powerful for our liking. Carolina's mouth became numb cuz her mouth couldn't handle the intensities and varying contrasts of the flavors. We all drank lots of water. Afterwards we went to Ghiradelli's and got the Earthquake, even though out of the ten girls, only six were eating it. I was actually nauseated from my gluttonous ingestion of ice cream.

My embarassing moment of the day: At Ghiradelli's, they have this basket of free chocolate that they pass out to customers. We went there about 30 minutes before closing so there was barely any people there. Meriel noticed that the basket was left unattended to so immediately all of us started grabbing chocolate, packaging them neatly into piles wrapped in napkins, and then cramming them into our purses. Then we casually sauntered out of the gift store and into the parlor area to eat our Earthquake. However, remember once again how "chons" I am. After we sat down, one of the girls told me that when I walked by, two of the workers saw the bulging napkin covered stolen chocolate in my puse and started whispering about me in their native language. I wondered how the heck they knew this so I looked down and saw that in my haste and excitement, my purse was left wide open with Ghiradelli printed napkins protruding very visibly over the top of my purse. How mortifying.

On a happier note however, I really like my small group. I get disgustingly happy when we all get together and talk and eat and spend time with each other. =D