Sunday, March 09, 2003

Yesterday I learned how to play Monopoly for the first time in my life. Kwan, Sewon, and I played while Carroll, Kristy, and Karen watched and gave input. Everyone taught me how to play and I think everyone became frustrated at my inability to comprehend the object of the game. It was Disney Monopoly so I had fun looking at the pictures and reading the show time cards. I won the game too. When the game ended I had two monopolies, 3000ish dollars, and made Kwan go bankrupt. =]
This is what I learned from the game:
-Kwan has played the game so many times he's memorized the number of spaces on the board and what each space represents. He also knows all the rules of Monopoly... Karen and him had a couple of quibbles and he won all of them.
-Monopoly isn't as fun as people say it is. I don't like how there's all this competition just to get one monopoly thing.
-I don't know what the word "mortgage" means.

Andy Chon was very nice today at church. Nice meaning that there were less glares of repulsion and less wisecracks about my stupidity. He even shared his orange with Sewon and me. I asked him why he was in such a good mood and he said it was cuz of the weather.

I get happy knowing that something as simple as nice weather can be a source for happiness for someone. For me, it's like seeing the nursery kids' faces light up when they see their parents coming to pick them up. Or watching Hyo-bum enjoy eating his ham sandwich at lunch so much. Or having jalepenos to go with our sandwiches. Or checking to see if boys wear black socks with black dress shoes and finding that they do.