Saturday, March 15, 2003

POTCH was today and it was really good. It's such an incredible feeling to see how so many people have been blessed with such special talents and to see how glory is brought to Him who is gracious enough to give everyone those talents. Andy Chon had this video that was quite good. There was that great customary comedic relief, but it also had a really strong message to it: that one doesn't need to have an official title to serve. I think what struck me about it was its applicability to me. It's something that I've struggled with since freshman year and it's still something that I often grapple with. I know in my brain that having a specific position or title doesn't define who I am, title isn't everything, but at certain times the tangibility of it is something I seek. I need to feel that sense of assurance that I'm actually doing something. But I know I'm being selfish and ridiculous. Fortunately, God provides opportunities that remind me that I serve God by being just who I am, and not by who I am as defined by a particular position or title. Thanks Andy. =]

I had a lot of fun later tonight too. Usually I like to remember a few good memories from the experience, but I know Karen is going to give a thorough account of everything that happened, so I'd rather talk about something else.

I realize how fickle a person I am and how I abandon those dearest to me for things I feel like will instead provide immediate gratification. I deeply hurt and insulted a good friend of mine today, and for that, I am truly apologetic. There really isn't any justification for my behavior, and I can't really explain it either. But all I know is that intimacy scares me sometimes... and I think the more I can relate to a person, the more I feel afraid.