Thursday, March 27, 2003

Great news that my mother told me today: There's going to be a BCD SoonDooBoo opening soon in Cerritos. Wow. Now we're going to have TWO great places that offer this delectable cuisine. It must suck for the Downey folks who don't have a single soondooboo restaurant in their little city.

I christened Kristy's cat as Dooli so now I get to be one of his godmothers.

My parents like Roy. He is their most favoritest Roy.

I had a yummy dinner with Sharona at The Loft tonight.

I'm going to San Diego tomorrow. It's so beautiful there. I can't wait to see the pandas and the other critters.

I had the hiccups earlier and I was suddenly struck by this memory. In the 5th or 6th grade, Jean Moon and I took Mrs. Shun's writing class to help prepare for the written essay portion of the entrance examination for Whitney. One time, one of the subjects of the practice essays was to write a horror story. Jean Moon wrote about a man who was cursed with the hiccups as a punishment and who eventually hiccuped to his most unfortunate death. I didn't know back then that having the hiccups was such a dangerous disease. Did you know that everytime you hiccup, you're killing off a little bit of your brain cells? My scary story was ridiculous and it sucked like a vacuum. I made it very suspenseful and creepy up to the climax but then killed it shortly after cuz I couldn't think of a good scary conclusion for fear of scaring myself and getting nightmares. I did learn one thing however: In my essay, I used the term "drop-dead gorgeous" to describe the beautiful girl who everyone thought was so pure and innocent but who actually was the evil demon witch wreaking havoc and causing pain in everyone's lives. I thought the term was considered a compliment until Mrs. Shun sternly told me that stating that someone is "drop-dead gorgeous" is, in fact, very insulting because of the implication that the person is so ugly that one cannot help but fall down and die in shock. Mrs. Shun scared the bejeezus out of me. She had this wild curly black mane speckled generously with gray and white hair. Her favorite thing in the world was the butterfly.