Friday, March 21, 2003

There are two important things that I learned today... one good, and one that sucks ass.

Good thing: Albert the freshie is a really nice and sweet guy. He was horrified at the things I accused him of and for that, I'm really sorry. Somehow, I always manage to get things screwy and confused. Anyways, I'm very glad I was wrong. I like Albert a lot. I learned that I should stick with my initial intuitions first [as I know other people should as well]. I also learned that Albert can often be misjudged. Fred said that his sense of humor can be seen as rude to other people and they can take offense at the serious way his jokes may be presented. I think that's like when Eugene Shin would say a stupid comment and I'd think he was kidding so I started to laugh. But then he'd drop his dimpled grin and look so serious and mad that I'd get scared and think I offended him in some way. I guess it just takes time to get to know people. However, I'd like to reiterate the fact that I'm glad my misconceptions of Albert were wrong and I'm glad that he's such a nice guy. =]

Bad thing: I learned that happiness is a fleeting and unstable feeling. I think for one moment you can be on this good high but you can't ever be too comfortable or secure cuz that high can quickly come crashing to a screeching halt in a matter of seconds. I think I've felt the insecurities and riskiness of life too much. Is it all even worth it? Maybe I'm just one who suffers from the consequences of being bipolar.