Saturday, April 19, 2003

I had a really good time today at Stanford for the Good Friday service.

I ate a lot today, considering how I didn't get to eat for over 24 hours. I had Quizno's before the service with our class and Stanford people, and then In-N-Out with a bunch of our people and others again. Andy introduced me to the Animal Style with both real and caramelized onions. It is my new favorite.

I got to talk to Phil and Judy from Stanford a little bit more. I realized today how it's now my third year attending KCPC, and I've just now met these people. But I suppose I should be thankful that I even had the chance to meet them at all. I wish there were more chances for Cal people and Stanford people to interact and fellowship with each other.

Kwansoo told us that the tiger we bought him was not his favorite, and that the dinosaur one was. I was sad because of that. We wanted to get him his favorite one to show him our appreciation.

Andy infuriated me, although unintentionally, I think. Sometimes I feel like he doesn't take me seriously at all and thinks that I'm just a stupid ditz who doesn't know anything. I think he saw that I was bothered though, so he tried to make it up to me by being nice to me for the rest of the evening. What struck me as ironic though was that I think he thought I was joking the entire time, and thus, everything he did was out of fun, but inside, I was honestly hurt and confused. I suppose I am a good liar.

I learned something from the message today so that was good. I realized that as long as I have Christ as my only anchor to hold onto, I don't have to worry about stupid and petty things bringing me down.