I had lunch with Julie Kim at CPK today. I haven't had a lunch date with her for quite some time so it was good just catching up with what had happened since our last date a little over a month ago.
I talked to her about becoming a small group leader and we discussed my apprehensions and anxieties about it. She brought up a really good point that she left me with: that no matter, it is ultimately all about the heart and how much I'm willing to serve God. It doesn't matter what doctrine I believe in, or what types of questions I ask... all that matters is my own personal relationship with God and how much my heart is open enough to trust him enough to let Him do His will with me.
With that, I still do not know what I should do. I know that what Julie said is what ultimately matters, but I can't help but feel that what she said is also really idealistic. If it only were that simple... However, in the real world, no matter what, there are certain expectations and standards that I need to abide by and live according to.