Reading everyone's blogs have made me feel weird. I sense the urgency in making the most of this last year left at Berkeley, but at the same time, I don't want to force the memories and experiences to occur simply for the sake of it being my senior year. I just want to go with the flow, and hope that God will continue to show me his blessings and love through the people that surround me.
Last night at Robert and John Song's house is an example. I had a lot of fun, despite the fact that we didn't get to watch "집으로" and cry as planned. Instead, we watched Kings of Comedy and Kung Pow, and played countless rounds of speed scrabble. There was a really diverse group of people so that made me happy cuz I got to know other people better and also see their oddities and quirks fully exposed late at night. The night passed by sort of in a blur cuz it was so fun and was so frequently punctuated by coughing fits. But this is some of the stuff I remember:
-John Song's niceness. Examples include: getting Fred glasses of milk, getting Fred a LOT of vanilla bean ice cream, making me green tea, giving me a band-aid AND Neosporin, and letting us eat all his munchies.
-Hearing James Song, Kwansoo, and John Im be the only ones in the entire room laughing uproariously at Kung Pow.
-Watching Fred spend many many minutes making only 5+ letter words with his Scrabble pieces and my being thoroughly impressed when he finished.
-Liz and her dirty Scrabble words. =]
-Albert telling me that I sound like a manly baby. Kwansoo telling me that my voice is lower than his.
-Jack in the Box late at night. [Thanks Rob, Josei, and Nancy for getting the food for all of us.]
-Being kidnapped to Kwan's house to watch The Ring 2.
-Listening to The Ring 2 after seeing the first scene and concluding that 1. it was going to be too scary and 2. it would take too much effort to read the blurry Korean subtitles.
-Waking up with Fred to go home in the morning. Seeing everyone else still conked out and sprawled out in a disgusting manner either on the floor or on the bed.