Wednesday, May 28, 2003

Senior reception was tonight. The place was really nice, and the food was really yummy. I respect this year's seniors a lot. I feel that they are all genuinely nice people and they have never ceased to show concern when an underclassmen is in need.

Dancing was awkward in the beginning, but it was fun watching everyone get their groove thang on. I love how the freshie boys dance. All they care about is having fun, so they completely let go and unabashedly dance however they wish.

It took a while, but the junior guys finally danced also. Well, three of them did. Andy, Kwansoo, and Robert.

Afterwards, while we were leaving, I said a casual goodbye to Julie Oh and started to walk towards my car, until she hugged me and said that this was going to be the last time I see her for a while. I couldn't process what she said cuz I was preoccupied by figuring out rides, so I stared at her for like five seconds until I realized that tonight was the last night that I would ever see some of the seniors again. I started crying even though I didn't want to and even though heartless tin woman Julie told me to stop. =/ It's ridiculous, but it's still a really sad thought once you honestly think hard about it. I believe that every person I meet during my life has somehow influenced me and shaped me to be who I am today and who I will be in the future. There's a reason why I've met the individuals in my life, and it makes me sad to think that once that person has served their purpose, I might never see him or her again. I know that in the end we'll all be in the same place together, but the fickleness of my being a human cannot help but feel a bit sad at this very moment.