I'm going to write properly from now on, so I will capitalize when appropriate.
I am currently feeling very heavy-hearted, anxious, uncertain, regretful, and overwhelmed. I hurt.
My prediction is that it is going to be a dreadfully long week.
I met this guy today called Alex. He was born in Seoul, Korea and when he was just six months old, his family gave him up for adoption. For five months he was at an orphanage until he was adopted at 11 months by a couple in the US. He grew up in Pasadena with an Irish-Catholic father and a Jewish mother. When he was six years old, his father passed away and his mom re-married a German man. His step-father's lineage can be traced back as the founding family for the Nazi party. Such irony. When asked his religion, Alex says that he is Jewish. He never wishes to locate his birthparents. He also wishes to do nothing about his Korean heritage, and does not embrace his Korean culture whatsoever. He hates kimchi.